Master Data Management (MDM)
Master Data Management (MDM) is a set of practices, processes, and technologies that aim to create and maintain a single, authoritative source of accurate and consistent master data across an organization. Onebridge MDM services will ensure you that you can trust and rely on your data.
Trust Your Data with MDM
A Single Source of Truth
Why Master Data Management (MDM)?
MDM is critical component of Data Governance. While a Data Governance council/board determines the data policies and procedures for the organization, MDM is the solution for enforcing them. MDM stores common definitions to data domains, attributes, and reference data.
Single Source of Truth
MDM ensures data domains become consistent across an organization. Reporting and analytics are leveled across the enterprise, and data can become operationalized across applications.
- Centralized process to host and manage trusted data
- Automation of key data quality functions
- Notifications of data items for stewardship
- Tools and platform for managing data
- Manage data duplication
- Increased data accuracy
- Better data compliance
- Empowers business to own and manage data, minimize need for Change requests
MDM enables a better understanding of your customer base with a 360 view of all interactions with products and services to upsell and cross sell.
Achieve higher quality product data with consistent product names, descriptions, and attributes.
MDM provides central and standardized lists of values that provide consistency across your organization.
Understanding Master Data Management
What is Master Data Management (MDM)?
Common Misconceptions of Master Data Management
Core components of Master Data Management (MDM)
Quick Start with a POC & Business Case with Onebridge and Profisee
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."
- Albert Einstein
Master Data Management is the foundation of an effective and sustainable data strategy. Too many organizations short-change or skip this critical step due to the difficulty and time involved. Onebridge partners with Profisee to help your organization establish an MDM strategy that is automated and monitored. At no cost, Onebridge and Profisee will help you build a business case for Master Data Management in your organization.
Proof-of-Concept Quick Start
- Profisee temporary license
- MDM and Profisee overview
- Data model for a single domain and selected entities, import of previously prepared initial data
- Demonstrations on Data integration, Data Quality Rules, Matching, Metadata, Data Classification
- Summary of data steward workflow
MDM Business Case
- Clearly describes the business opportunity
- Identifies key performance indicators
- Quantifies a projected return on investment
With an MDM business case and POC, you can quickly prove and demonstrate the value of data management in your organization -- before committing to a large investment of time and resources.